MEALS [ L ]
Sample food at Peranakan style restaurants in Malacca. This style of food is influenced by the Cantonese, Portuguese and Malay ingredients and methods. Taste a delicious warm Portuguese tart from one of the many nearby vendors.
Next, head to Temple Street, named for the multicultural range of temples and mosques that have lined the street since the early 18th century. This is the perfect place to get a taste of the area’s uniquely diverse local culture. Visit Cheng Hoon Teng Temple, Kampong King Mosque and Sri Vinayagar Temple to better understand Indian, Chinese and Malay religious customs.
Continue to see restored Peranakan buildings (a cultural mix of Han-Chinese and Malay that forged its own style, known as the Baba-Nyonya, from the 15th century).
Visit the excellent Baba-Nyonya Museum along the way to learn more about the unique Peranakan culture before exploring some interesting antique stores and cafes along the famous Jonker Street.
Stop by a traditional Malay house to learn about distinctive Malay customs and take a river cruise along the newly developed key side for a unique view of the city. (L)
Return to hotel.
*** END OF SERVICES ***
Our services include:
– Private transfers by AC vehicle
– English Speaking guide
– River cruise
– Entrance fees
– Local snack
Our services do not include:
– Other meals not mentioned
– Services not mentioned
– Drinks, mini bar, and personal expenses
– Travel insurance
– Transportation to meeting point if your Hotel is not in downtown area.
– Tourism tax
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat