MEALS [ L ]
Sample food at Peranakan style restaurants in Malacca. This style of food is influenced by the Cantonese, Portuguese and Malay ingredients and methods. Taste a delicious warm Portuguese tart from one of the many nearby vendors.
Next, head to Temple Street, named for the multicultural range of temples and mosques that have lined the street since the early 18th century. This is the perfect place to get a taste of the area’s uniquely diverse local culture. Visit Cheng Hoon Teng Temple, Kampong King Mosque and Sri Vinayagar Temple to better understand Indian, Chinese and Malay religious customs.
Continue to see restored Peranakan buildings (a cultural mix of Han-Chinese and Malay that forged its own style, known as the Baba-Nyonya, from the 15th century).
Visit the excellent Baba-Nyonya Museum along the way to learn more about the unique Peranakan culture before exploring some interesting antique stores and cafes along the famous Jonker Street.
Walk back to your hotel or continue exploring Malacca on your own.
*** END OF SERVICES ***
Our services include:
– English Speaking Guide
– Tasting as indicated
– Entrance fees
Our services do not include:
– Other meals not mentioned
– Services not mentioned
– Drinks, mini bar, and personal expenses
– Travel insurance
– Transportation to meeting point if your Hotel is not in downtown area.
– Tourism tax
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Langkawi Bird Watching
- Enjoy observing Langkawi’s wild birds in their natural habitat
- Immerse in Langkawi’s natural landscape and surroundings
- For photographers, capture nice photographs of these birds and landscape
Street Art & Treats in Old Town Ipoh
- Explore the abundant street art and delicious eats in Ipoh
- Stroll the laneways of Ipoh in search of 7 famous murals
- Enjoy local snacks like popiah’s or famous caramel custard
White Water Rafting and Caves in Gopeng EX. Ipoh
- Go white water rafting down the Kampar River
- Explore the longest limestone cave in peninsular Malaysia
- Be mesmerised by the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites formations
Langkawi’s UNESCO Geoparks By Helicopter
- Get a bird’s eye view of Langkawi aboard a helicopter
- Enjoy panoramic views of 99 islands that date back hundreds of million years
- Fly above majestic landscapes, sparkling lakes and emerald seas
Cameron Highland Explorer
- Explore the heart of Mount Brinchang Mossy Forest
- Trek with an experienced nature guide
- Gain knowledge in valuable medicinal plants from the rainforest.
Where Nature Meets Street Art
- Discover the hidden secrets of art and nature in Penang.
- Learn the life behind the art at Balik Pulau
- Enjoy lunch at the trendy Hin Bus Depot