MEALS [ L ]
On arrival at Sandakan Airport, the tour begins with a visit to the Rainforest Discovery Centre. Aside from the Plant Discovery Walk, which features information about the medicinal and traditional use of herbs and leaves, there is a 347-meter-long 87-meter-high canopy walkway. Nestled high amongst the rainforest tree line, this provides a great opportunity to spot on the 250-300 bird species and maybe even a wild orang-utan.
Then, proceed to Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary, one of the best place to encounter Borneo’s one and only, the Proboscis monkey. As we wait for the proboscis monkeys, other animals will also approach the feeding platform such as squirrels, silver leaf monkeys, and as well oriental pied hornbills. (Viewing/Feeding times: Platform A: 09:30/14:30. Platform B: 11:30/16:30)
After feeding time, at around 12:30, transfer to Sepilok and drop off at Sepilok Forest Edge Resort for lunch before the next tour.
After lunch, visit the outstanding Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre, where guests have the opportunity to observe these stunning animals. There are currently 36 bears housed at the center, which have been rescued from poachers. Guests also have the opportunity to adopt a bear to ensure the programs- and the animals - survival (at guests’ own expense)
Continue on to visit the world’s largest orangutan rehabilitation centre at Sepilok. At the centre, guests can witness the orangutans being fed by the rangers. Please note the feeding times are very popular, so expect crowds at the platforms. Stroll the jungle-flanked wooden walkways to the central platform; orangutans can sometimes be seen from these platforms, so guests should have their cameras ready! (Viewing/Feeding times: 10:00/15:00)
At 16:30, drop off at the airport for the onward flight back to Kota Kinabalu. (L)
Arrival in Kota Kinabalu
19:30 - Meet and greet our driver at the airport and transfer to Fish Market Restaurant for your dinner (meal at own expenses).
21:30 - After dinner, be picked up by the driver and continue on for the transfer to the hotel.
Distances and journey time:
City hotel to KK Airport (9km) : approx 30 mins
Outskirt hotel to KK Airport (40km): approx 1 hour
BKI to SDK (by flight): 45 mins
Sandakan Airport to Labuk Bay (35km): approx 45 minutes
Labuk Bay to Sepilok (26km): approx 35 mins
Sepilok to Sandakan Airport (17km): approx 30 mins
SDK to BKI (by flight): 45 mins
KK Airport to KK City hotel (9km): approx 30 mins
KK Airport to Outskirt hotel (40km): approx 1 hour
Our services include:
– Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
– Private transportation in A/C vehicle with english speaking driver
– Service of English speaking guide (in Sandakan only)
– Entrance fees and activities where mentioned
– Drinking water during the tour
Our services do not include:
– Other services/ meals than mentioned
– International and domestic flights (quoted separately if requested)
– Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items
– Travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Langkawi Bird Watching
- Enjoy observing Langkawi’s wild birds in their natural habitat
- Immerse in Langkawi’s natural landscape and surroundings
- For photographers, capture nice photographs of these birds and landscape
Street Art & Treats in Old Town Ipoh
- Explore the abundant street art and delicious eats in Ipoh
- Stroll the laneways of Ipoh in search of 7 famous murals
- Enjoy local snacks like popiah’s or famous caramel custard
White Water Rafting and Caves in Gopeng EX. Ipoh
- Go white water rafting down the Kampar River
- Explore the longest limestone cave in peninsular Malaysia
- Be mesmerised by the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites formations
Langkawi’s UNESCO Geoparks By Helicopter
- Get a bird’s eye view of Langkawi aboard a helicopter
- Enjoy panoramic views of 99 islands that date back hundreds of million years
- Fly above majestic landscapes, sparkling lakes and emerald seas
Cameron Highland Explorer
- Explore the heart of Mount Brinchang Mossy Forest
- Trek with an experienced nature guide
- Gain knowledge in valuable medicinal plants from the rainforest.
Where Nature Meets Street Art
- Discover the hidden secrets of art and nature in Penang.
- Learn the life behind the art at Balik Pulau
- Enjoy lunch at the trendy Hin Bus Depot