Explore southeastern Sabah’s intense natural wonders on an unforgettable day trip. Cruise along the Klias River to explore intricate mangrove forests and spot incredibly exotic animals in the wild. At sunset, watch as the evening sky is illuminated by the flickering lights of fireflies, a magical ending to this Borneo day tour.
MEALS [ L ]
Upon arrival, enjoy a welcome drink at the Klias River Lodge while receiving an introduction to the afternoon’s nature excursion. Join an expert nature guide at the river banks, boarding a local motorboat for an informative, educational tour along the Klias River.
Cruise through the intricate mangrove system, learning about these ancient plants. Pass by the river banks to spot proboscis monkeys in the trees as well as a chance to see silver langurs and macaque monkeys. Look to the skies to see exotic birds such as the pied hornbill and the azure kingfisher.
As the sun begins to set, the highlight of the Borneo day tour begins. Watch as the evening sky becomes illuminated with the blinking lights of fireflies. Enjoy this surreal, fairy-tale-like experience, gently gliding across the Klias River while surrounded by twinkling lights- this is nature at its very best!
19:30 Following this enchanting experience, return to shore and enjoy a barbeque dinner at the lodge. Then return to the city centre at 21:30, arriving at the hotel in time for a good night’s sleep. (D)
Our services include:
– Private transportation by Minivan from City Hotel
– English Speaking Guide
– Join in River Cruise
Our services do not include:
– Additional charge for pick up from outskirts hotel
– Other meals & beverages not mentioned
– Photo and Video Fees
– Services not mentioned
– Travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Langkawi Bird Watching
- Enjoy observing Langkawi’s wild birds in their natural habitat
- Immerse in Langkawi’s natural landscape and surroundings
- For photographers, capture nice photographs of these birds and landscape
Street Art & Treats in Old Town Ipoh
- Explore the abundant street art and delicious eats in Ipoh
- Stroll the laneways of Ipoh in search of 7 famous murals
- Enjoy local snacks like popiah’s or famous caramel custard
White Water Rafting and Caves in Gopeng EX. Ipoh
- Go white water rafting down the Kampar River
- Explore the longest limestone cave in peninsular Malaysia
- Be mesmerised by the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites formations
Langkawi’s UNESCO Geoparks By Helicopter
- Get a bird’s eye view of Langkawi aboard a helicopter
- Enjoy panoramic views of 99 islands that date back hundreds of million years
- Fly above majestic landscapes, sparkling lakes and emerald seas
Cameron Highland Explorer
- Explore the heart of Mount Brinchang Mossy Forest
- Trek with an experienced nature guide
- Gain knowledge in valuable medicinal plants from the rainforest.
Where Nature Meets Street Art
- Discover the hidden secrets of art and nature in Penang.
- Learn the life behind the art at Balik Pulau
- Enjoy lunch at the trendy Hin Bus Depot