MEALS [ L ]
The Wind Cave is a dramatic contrast consisting of multiple river passages through the rock leading to an entrance on the far side of the hill overlooking the Sarawak River. A raised wooden walkway leads through the cave giving a close-up view of the bats roosting nearby and to look for cave dwelling insects.
The Fairy Cave is the largest cave entrance in the Kuching area and is a few minutes away from Wind Cave by vehicle. Access requires a bit of exertion but is safe and is by way of concrete steps rising about 100 feet with a further set of wooden steps to the main chamber. The roof of the chamber towers above you as you enter through a small side passage. This enormous space was carved out from the rock by the action of water with the stalactites, stalagmites and columns which adorn the chamber having been formed subsequently. Learn from the guide the tales of how Fairy Cave took its name.
At 17:30 depart the caves to visit the old and once forgotten town of Siniawan. Recent years, efforts have been made to revive the traditions and cultures of this old town. For many years Siniawan was a sleepy hollow until the Hakka farmers returned to the area. Today Siniawan is not only a historical town, but a quaint “village” with a thriving bird’s nest business. Take a walk around the town admiring the shop houses as they retain their original facades before returning to Kuching city at approximately 19:30.
Weekends only: Enjoy the Night Market over a Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 18:00 where a variety of Hakka hawker stalls sell home cooked food (own expense).
*** END OF SERVICES ***
Our services include:
– Private return transfers in Air-conditioned Vehicle
– English speaking guide
– Meals as mentioned
– Entrance Fees as mentioned
– Drinking Water
Our services do not include:
– Other meals not mentioned
– Services not mentioned
– Drinks, mini bar, and personal expenses
– Travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Street Art & Snacks dans la vieille ville d’Ipoh
- Découvrez les nombreuses œuvres d'art de rue et les mets délicieux d'Ipoh
- Promenez-vous dans les ruelles d'Ipoh à la recherche des sept célèbres peintures murales
- Dégustez des snacks locaux comme les popiahs ou la célèbre crème anglaise au caramel
Langkawi Bird Watching
- Enjoy observing Langkawi’s wild birds in their natural habitat
- Immerse in Langkawi’s natural landscape and surroundings
- For photographers, capture nice photographs of these birds and landscape
Street Art & Treats in Old Town Ipoh
- Explore the abundant street art and delicious eats in Ipoh
- Stroll the laneways of Ipoh in search of 7 famous murals
- Enjoy local snacks like popiah’s or famous caramel custard
White Water Rafting and Caves in Gopeng
- Go white water rafting down the Kampar River
- Explore the longest limestone cave in peninsular Malaysia
- Be mesmerised by the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites formations
Langkawi’s UNESCO Geoparks By Helicopter
- Get a bird’s eye view of Langkawi aboard a helicopter
- Enjoy panoramic views of 99 islands that date back hundreds of million years
- Fly above majestic landscapes, sparkling lakes and emerald seas
Cameron Highland Explorer
- Explore the heart of Mount Brinchang Mossy Forest
- Trek with an experienced nature guide
- Gain knowledge in valuable medicinal plants from the rainforest.