MEALS [ L ]
Mari Mari Cultural Village tour is located deep in the countryside away from the modern and developing Kota Kinabalu city. The village operates as a museum that preserves Borneo’s ethnic culture. It aims to share the knowledge, history, culture, and tradition of Borneo so that it is not forgotten. The tour offers an opportunity to see and experience the culture and lifestyle of how the indigenous ethnic groups of Borneo used to live in the olden days when electricity had not yet been introduced.
On arrival at Mari Mari Cultural Village, be welcomed by the Murut Tribe Chief. Enjoy a guided tour of each traditional house and learn about the history, bamboo cooking demonstration, fire making demonstration, blowpipe demonstration and traditional dances in a remote forest setting. You’ll also get to participate in light activities along the way.
After lunch, leave for Kota Kinabalu, formerly known as Jesselton, and today the capital city of Sabah. Strategically situated in the Northwest Coast of Borneo Island, this city has one of the most amazing views; South China Sea and Tunku Abdul Rahman Park on one side, and set against the backdrop of Mount Kinabalu; this beautiful ‘Nature Resort City’ stretches for miles along the coast and towards the inland.
Photo stop (outside) at the City Mosque, even possibly the most beautiful one in Malaysia – the man-made lagoon which surrounds it gives a serenely gorgeous and dramatic look to the mosque.
Continue on to KK Wetlands this is a unique urban 24-hectare mangrove forest at the edge of the sea. Designated as a bird sanctuary and declared a State Cultural Heritage Site. Managed by Sabah Wetlands Conservation Society its objective is to create awareness and support from the public on the importance of mangroves and other wetland ecosystems. The mangroves also plays a major role in KK city. It acts as flood retention to hold heavy rainfalls, and prevents possible flooding downstream.
Continue to the Signal Hill viewpoint, where there are aerial views of the city, the Tunku Abdul Rahman Park Islands and the Atkinson Clock Tower. Enjoy the sights, sounds and flavours of the local handicraft market, formerly known as the Filipino Market.
At around 16:00, return to the hotel. (L)
Our services include:
– Private Air-conditioned Vehicle transportation
– English speaking guide
– Meals as mentioned
– Entrance Fees as mentioned
– Drinking Water
Our services do not include:
– Other meals not mentioned
– Services not mentioned
– Travel insurance
– Camera or video fees
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Street Art & Snacks dans la vieille ville d’Ipoh
- Découvrez les nombreuses œuvres d'art de rue et les mets délicieux d'Ipoh
- Promenez-vous dans les ruelles d'Ipoh à la recherche des sept célèbres peintures murales
- Dégustez des snacks locaux comme les popiahs ou la célèbre crème anglaise au caramel
Langkawi Bird Watching
- Enjoy observing Langkawi’s wild birds in their natural habitat
- Immerse in Langkawi’s natural landscape and surroundings
- For photographers, capture nice photographs of these birds and landscape
Street Art & Treats in Old Town Ipoh
- Explore the abundant street art and delicious eats in Ipoh
- Stroll the laneways of Ipoh in search of 7 famous murals
- Enjoy local snacks like popiah’s or famous caramel custard
White Water Rafting and Caves in Gopeng
- Go white water rafting down the Kampar River
- Explore the longest limestone cave in peninsular Malaysia
- Be mesmerised by the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites formations
Langkawi’s UNESCO Geoparks By Helicopter
- Get a bird’s eye view of Langkawi aboard a helicopter
- Enjoy panoramic views of 99 islands that date back hundreds of million years
- Fly above majestic landscapes, sparkling lakes and emerald seas
Cameron Highland Explorer
- Explore the heart of Mount Brinchang Mossy Forest
- Trek with an experienced nature guide
- Gain knowledge in valuable medicinal plants from the rainforest.