Experience the life of the Lao people with an immersive visit to an organic farm. Connect with the land and the people while working in the rice paddies and vegetable gardens. Learn about traditional farming techniques and the efforts being made to promote organic farming throughout Laos.
MEALS [ L ]
The farm was established by the local community after they saw an increase in destructive slash-and-burn agricultural techniques. They have banded together to develop an organic farm that not only feeds the community but also helps to educate other farmers on more sustainable growing methods.
Take a walk through the organic vegetable garden with a knowledgeable farmer from the community. Witness the various activities taking place on the farm such as basket weaving, noodle making and sugarcane juicing.
Then prepare to get dirty and join the farmers in the fields. There are 13 stages of rice production and, depending on the time of year, help as they plough, plant, harvest or thresh the rice using traditional techniques. Gain a deeper appreciation for the Lao farmers through this interactive experience.
Having worked up an appetite, a selection of rice-based snacks will be served before returning to Luang Prabang at midday.
- The Living Land is a community enterprise run by local people to support the children of poor farming families with their education and medical needs.
Our services include:
– Private transfers from or to your hotel
– English speaking guide for activities at the living land
– Water and snacks
– All entrance fees as mentioned
– Camera and video cameras fees if applicable
– All permissions and local taxes
Our services do not include:
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guides or driver
– Meals other than those mentioned above (not included on this tour)
– Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusion above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat