MEALS [ L ]
Approximately 90 different languages are spoken within its borders, many of which are unrelated to Lao. Modern Lao (language) is heavily influenced by the Thai language. A vast number of technical terms as well as common usage are adopted directly from Thai, itself influenced as well by the Kra–Dai family.
This morning, be met with the Luang Prabang guide at the hotel lobby around 08:00 and head towards the Saffron Café along the Mekong, a sustainable enterprise which offers one of the best coffee and barista scenes in Luang Prabang.
Meet Mr Siphai, the teacher for today at the café and be introduced to the Lao language. Mr Siphai go through all the essential words and phrases that would be useful during the time in Laos. This fun and interactive experience is also a great way to learn about the language’s complexity in tones and wordings.
Having made a new friend, take home the notes and a Lao language textbook and continue learning throughout the stay in Laos and even back at home. Kop chai, thank you
Our services include:
– Transport in a private tuktuk
– English speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
– Drinks and snacks as indicated and mentioned
– All permissions and local taxes
– Pen, notepad and lao textbook
Our services do not include:
– Alcoholic drinks & drinks at mealtime (apart if mentioned)
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide and driver
– Personal expenses
– Meals other than those mentioned above
– Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusion above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!