MEALS [ L ]
After the introduction, begin the ‘cooking’ portion of the itinerary. Spend some time alongside the mahouts and learn how to create delicious snacks for an instant connection with the elephants. Using rice as a base, combine fruits, herbs and seasonings into what is described here as an elephant health ball.
With the food prepared, the first meeting will take place. Embark on a boat ride across the Nam Khan River where the elephants await. The guide will provide instruction on how to approach and interact with the elephants, as well as the best means of delivering their special handmade snack.
Then, watch and observe how the elephants and their mahouts interact and bond during bathtime in the river.
After the bath, embark on a short 1 km trek up Hoy Kang Stream side-by side these gentle giants. This trek is flat and can be catered to clients’ needs or physical abilities.
Enjoy a final drink and snack overlooking the Nam Khan River, followed by the short journey back to Luang Prabang, arriving around 16:30 - 17:00.
Our services include:
– Transport in a join in air conditioned vehicle
– English speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
– All entrance fees as mentioned
– All permissions and local taxes
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Alcoholic drinks & drinks at mealtime
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide and driver
– Personal expenses
– Meals other than those mentioned above
– Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusion above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!