MEALS [ L ]
The first stop will be the famous and delicious Khao Piek stall along the Mekong. Both locals and asian tourists flock here to get a bowl of this rice porridge, which has the tastiest broth and freshest herbs. The stall usually sells out by 08:00 so be sure to beat the locals! This is a typical breakfast of the locals where they will accompany a bowl of porridge with a lao coffee served with condensed milk.
Then, ride towards Mano Temple and surrounding village area. Here, taste another very popular dish for locals- Nem Khao, very similar to the Vietnamese Banh Quan but less sweet and with more herbs in the filling. Observe how the experienced cook does the rice pancakes, it’s mesmerising.
Continue towards the famous Xieng Thong Temple neighbourhood and meet a local lady who makes Khao Khop. These simple yet essential round rice crackers are made with dried sticky rice, sun dried before being deep fried for a perfect crispy taste.
The last stop this morning will be the nearby Xieng Thong noodle shop, where one of the best Khao Piek Sen (literally translated to Wet Rice Strings) of Luang Prabang is made.
At the heart of this historical center, try this hearty noodle soup with hand cut noodles, an extra poached egg and of course a Khao Khop on the side! Be sure to arrive before 11:00 or 11:30 as this too gets sold out after the morning.
When finished with the morning local culinary visit, be transferred back to the hotel. (B)
Our services include:
– Transport in a private local tuktuk
– English speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
– Meals and snacks as indicated and mentioned
– All entrance fees as mentioned
– All permissions and local taxes
– Drinking water and drinks as mentioned
Our services do not include:
– Alcoholic drinks and drinks at mealtime (apart if mentioned)
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide and driver
– Personal expenses
– Meals other than those mentioned above
– Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusion above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!