Join a local chef for lively Kyoto cooking class. Learn the secrets behind Japan's beloved dishes, preparing items such as sushi and steamed egg custard using authentic recipes. Gain valuable insight into the nation's food culture and traditions while eating and chatting with the friendly instructor.
MEALS [ L ]
Join the local food expert to prepare a traditional Japanese meal. The cook will share techniques used to prepare the ingredients to create truly authentic dishes. Listen as the cook tells personal stories about food and explains more about the nuances of Japan's culinary culture. This provides a great glimpse into the often-misunderstood traditions and gestures that accompany a Japanese dining experience.
For the morning class, the menu is an o-bento. This is the iconic Japanese lunch box, prepared at home or sold at convenience stores, train stations and other places around town. Cook the five typical dishes of a bento, including sushi, tempura and egg rolls.
The afternoon lesson focuses on izakaya cuisine, the food found at popular Japanese-style pubs. Intended to accompany beer, the dishes include steamed egg custard and steamed rice with fish broth.
Once the dishes are ready, sit down for a hearty meal. Share stories while savouring the flavours of authentic, home-cooked Japanese cuisine. The Kyoto cooking class concludes after the meal, bidding farewell to the cook and returning to the hotel.
Our services include:
– All ingredients and materials needed in the activity.
– Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner).
Our services do not include:
– International and domestic flights (quoted separately).
– Transportation to/from the venue.
– Meals other than mentioned above.
– Personal expenses (e.g. drinks, laundry, telephone, and other expenditures of a personal nature).
– Travel insurance (please see ‘Important Notes’).
– Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!