Get a true Tokyo food experience. Hit the streets at night to seek out the capital's best bites. Visit a variety of venues, from tiny pubs to street side stalls, each distinctive in their atmosphere and food offerings. Rub elbows with the locals while sampling Japan's favourite dishes and drinks.
MEALS [ L ]
Veer off into the maze of laneways that fill the capital, passing street carts selling exotic snacks and diners perched on small metal stools. Stop to sample some of the items on offer, from barbequed meats to sweet desserts. Then enter an izakaya for a distinctly Japanese experience. These small, Japanese-style pubs are popular gathering places for friends and colleagues to gather after work for a beer. The food on offer is meant to be shared and is thus served almost like tapas. The guide will order up a few traditional izakaya favourites such as fried chicken wings or cold edamame. Sample the dishes and wash them down with a cold, local beer alongside the locals.
While dining, learn more about Japan's culinary culture by observing the lively surroundings and hearing the guide's personal stories. During the evening, stop at four or five venues, each with a distinctive style. These venues do not take reservations so the exact routing may change but the guide will ensure there is plenty to eat!
Following an evening of culinary and cultural indulgence, return to the hotel for a good night's sleep.
Time : 17:00 - 20:30
Departures : Daily
- Reservations accepted from 2 guests. There may be other participants in the shared tour (maximum of 6 guests per group).
- Minors must be 15 years old and above to join the tour.
- Depending on the day and availability of venues, this tour can take place in different areas of central Tokyo.
- In Japan, it is allowed to smoke in restaurants and bars and many traditional izakayas do not have properly separated non-smoking rooms.
- Please understand that the menu of the tour is fixed and that traditional izakayas do not cater for food allergies or special dietary requirements. Should you have any dietary requirement, our guide will try to adapt the menu as much as possible, but in some cases no alternative can be guaranteed.
- Tour may be cancelled in case of extreme weather.
- Please contact your Travel Consultant for availability. Please note that all of the services and tours have yet to be booked and that they are proposed for your reference only. We will start making reservations after we receive your confirmation.
- Please inform your Travel Consultant of any special dietary requirements and physical conditions that you may have. We strongly recommend the purchase of a travel insurance that also covers emergency medical evacuation.
Our services include:
- English speaking guide
- Food and drinks at all venues (set menu)
Our services do not include:
- International and domestic flights (quoted separately)
- Transfers to and from the venue
- Meals and/or drinks other than mentioned above
- Personal expenses (e.g. drinks, laundry, telephone, etc.)
- Travel insu
Our services include:
– English speaking guide
– Food and drinks at all venues (set menu)
Our services do not include:
– International and domestic flights (quoted separately)
– Transfers to and from the venue
– Meals and/or drinks other than mentioned above
– Personal expenses (e.g. drinks, laundry, telephone, etc.)
– Travel insurance
– Other services not indicated in the package inclusions above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Hiroshima Gourmet Walk
- Discover Hiroshima’s food scene in this unique tour
- Enjoy the ambience of the city and see how the locals spend their evenings
- Sample delicious food and drinks in one of the most retro shopping arcades
Flavours of Osaka Food Tour
- Enjoy the lively Osaka nightlife while sampling some of the best dishes the city has to offer
- Venture on a sybaritic escapade with a charismatic, food-loving guide
- Experience the heart and soul of the city, which is deeply connected to its food culture
Hiroshima by Bike
- Explore the modern city of Hiroshima in this one-of-a-kind bike tour
- Retrace the city’s atomic bomb heritage by visiting monuments dating back to 1945
- Experience the rebirth of Hiroshima and its transformation into a vibrant city
Hida Cycling Tour – Standard – Morning
- Take a scenic cycling tour around the mountain village of Hida
- Get a closer look at Japan’s alpine culture and traditions
- Pedal past rice paddies, rural villages and clear rivers
Saijo Sake Brewery Tour
- Learn about the production process of sake in Saijo, a top sake brewing district in Japan.
- Sample various types of sake and sake-based products from different breweries.
- Taste a local speciality that originated in this historic area.
Highlights of Hiroshima Food Tour
- Embark on a gastronomic adventure in the downtown area of Hiroshima
- Get a taste of the city’s food culture and experience the warmth and kindness of the locals
- Share the city’s best soul food and personal stories with a food-loving guide