MEALS [ L ]
Learn about the samurai fighters and their role in Japan's military history. Then the instructors will share their personal stories, how they became involved in samurai sword performance and how the art has evolved over the years. Some of the instructors have helped to choreograph the fight scenes of big-budget Hollywood movies or have acted in famous films.
Watch a short demonstration, marvelling at the fluidity of the process. Inspired by this incredible spectacle, grab a sword and learn some of the basic movements. The instructor will show the proper way to draw the sword from its sheath and how to pose in a traditional manner. Then learn how to swing the sword, using a combination of movements to gracefully manoeuvre the blade. Armed with this basic set of skills, choose a partner for a short session of swordplay practice.
After this unforgettable experience as a traditional samurai, bid farewell to the instructors and step back into the modern city of Tokyo.
Our services include:
Our services do not include:
– International and domestic flights (quoted separately)
– Transfers to and from the venue
– Meals and drinks
– Personal expenses (e.g. drinks, laundry, telephone, etc.)
– Travel insurance
– Other services not indicated in the package inclusions above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Hiroshima by Bike
- Explore the modern city of Hiroshima in this one-of-a-kind bike tour
- Retrace the city’s atomic bomb heritage by visiting monuments dating back to 1945
- Experience the rebirth of Hiroshima and its transformation into a vibrant city
Hiroshima Gourmet Walk
- Discover Hiroshima’s food scene in this unique tour
- Enjoy the ambience of the city and see how the locals spend their evenings
- Sample delicious food and drinks in one of the most retro shopping arcades
Flavours of Osaka Food Tour
- Enjoy the lively Osaka nightlife while sampling some of the best dishes the city has to offer
- Venture on a sybaritic escapade with a charismatic, food-loving guide
- Experience the heart and soul of the city, which is deeply connected to its food culture
Hida Cycling Tour – Standard – Morning
- Take a scenic cycling tour around the mountain village of Hida
- Get a closer look at Japan’s alpine culture and traditions
- Pedal past rice paddies, rural villages and clear rivers
Highlights of Hiroshima Food Tour
- Embark on a gastronomic adventure in the downtown area of Hiroshima
- Get a taste of the city’s food culture and experience the warmth and kindness of the locals
- Share the city’s best soul food and personal stories with a food-loving guide
Saijo Sake Brewery Tour
- Learn about the production process of sake in Saijo, a top sake brewing district in Japan.
- Sample various types of sake and sake-based products from different breweries.
- Taste a local speciality that originated in this historic area.