Join a local master for a quintessentially Japanese experience: a tea ceremony in Kyoto. Inside the tea master's private residence, get an in-depth introduction into the customs and history of this ritualistic event. Learn about the correlation between tea ceremonies and Zen Buddhism while preparing and pouring tea the traditional way.
MEALS [ L ]
Before preparing the tea, get an introduction to the history of the ceremony. Learn about its roots and how the rituals practiced in the ceremony are closely related to the beliefs of Zen Buddhism. Then it is time to prepare the tea. Follow the master as he goes through the motions step-by-step, clearly explaining the reasons for each and every movement.
Once the tea is ready, the serving process begins. As with the preparation, the serving of tea is also steeped in meaningful rituals. Before sipping the tea, confectioneries are eaten first, sweetening the tongue to make the matcha tea more mild.
After sipping the healthy brew, bid farewell to the tea master, taking away lasting memories of this incredible glimpse into Japanese culture and tradition.
Our services include:
– Tours and transfers by taxi as mentioned in the itinerary.
– All applicable entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary.
Our services do not include:
– International and domestic flights (quoted separately)
– Meals other than mentioned above
– Personal expenses (e.g. drinks, laundry, telephone, and other expenditures of a personal nature)
– Travel insurance
– Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat