Sample dishes from 9 different regions of Japan in this half-day tour and learn about the uniqueness of Japanese cuisine. For lunch stop at a traditional restaurant serving some home-made soba and fresh tempura with several side dishes. Learn about the production of Japanese sweets or wagashi in a demonstration of a real master.
MEALS [ L ]
Follow your guide to an authentic restaurant serving home-made buckwheat soba noodles with freshly fried tempura with a side of sashimi, or some grilled fish and some authentic chicken sukiyaki. Be assured that you won't be leaving with an empty stomach after this delicious meal.
Next stop will be a traditional Japanese sweets or wagashi shop. Wagashi are usually used in Japanese tea ceremony to accompany the rather bitter tasting matcha tea. What makes wagashi unique is their truly artistic shape that reflects the changing of the seasons. Experience a wagashi demonstration by a true master and learn about the role of these sweets in Japanese cuisine. At the end of the demonstration taste the beautiful wagashi with some matcha tea.
After this insightful tour, bid farewell to your guide and continue your exploration of Tokyo.
Our services include:
-speaking tour leader (for other languages, supplementary charges will apply).
– A set number of drinks and lunch.
– All entrance fees and public transportation fees as mentioned in the itinerary.
Our services do not include:
– International and domestic flights (quoted separately)
– Transfer to and from the venue
– Meals other than mentioned above (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
– Personal expenses (e.g. drinks, laundry, telephone, and other expenditures of a personal nature)
– Travel insurance
– Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!