Nourish mind, body and soul in this half day wellness retreat. Take a few hours to rejuvenate in the beautiful and verdant Japanese countryside. After connecting with the breath and practising mindfulness, participate in a healing yoga and Pilates session before enjoying a delectable lunch made with seasonal ingredients.
MEALS [ L ]
First make a brief stop at Juge Shrine, which is located in a small forest looking out on to Lake Biwa. The locals have taken great care of it over the centuries, and a goddess is said to be enshrined here. Enjoy a tranquil moment in this spiritual space before heading to the meditation and yoga/Pilates class, which will be held in a traditional Japanese farmhouse.
Feel all cares and worries melt away through breathwork, and stretch and strengthen muscles through a combination of yoga and Pilates exercises. Look within and enjoy this moment of peace and serenity in total relaxation before learning how to prepare an authentic and healthy homemade Japanese meal with homegrown vegetables and rice. Be sure to sample some homemade pickles during the meal.
After a leisurely lunch, stroll back to Shiga Station and head back to Kyoto to wind down at the hotel or keep exploring independently. (L)
Our services include:
– Meditation and yoga/Pilates class.
– Lunch with a local family.
– Transportation from Kyoto Station to Shiga Station.
– All applicable entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary.
Our services do not include:
– International and domestic flights (quoted separately).
– Meals and/or drinks other than mentioned above.
– Personal expenses (e.g. drinks, laundry, telephone, and other expenditures of a personal nature).
– Travel insurance.
– Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above.
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!