Join a local master for a quintessentially Japanese experience: a tea ceremony in Kyoto. Inside the tea master's private residence, get an in-depth introduction into the customs and history of this ritualistic event. Learn about the correlation between tea ceremonies and Zen Buddhism while preparing and pouring tea the traditional way.
MEALS [ L ]
Before preparing the tea, get an introduction to the history of the ceremony. Learn about its roots and how the rituals practiced in the ceremony are closely related to the beliefs of Zen Buddhism. Then it is time to prepare the tea. Follow the master as he goes through the motions step-by-step, clearly explaining the reasons for each and every movement.
Once the tea is ready, the serving process begins. As with the preparation, the serving of tea is also steeped in meaningful rituals. Before sipping the tea, confectioneries are eaten first, sweetening the tongue to make the matcha tea more mild.
After sipping the healthy brew, bid farewell to the tea master, taking away lasting memories of this incredible glimpse into Japanese culture and tradition.
Our services include:
– Tours and transfers by taxi as mentioned in the itinerary.
– All applicable entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary.
Our services do not include:
– International and domestic flights (quoted separately)
– Meals other than mentioned above
– Personal expenses (e.g. drinks, laundry, telephone, and other expenditures of a personal nature)
– Travel insurance
– Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!