Step in to an authentic street side eatery for a truly authentic Bali culinary tour. Prepare a delicious lunch using secret family recipes and traditional techniques, from wood fire steamers to terracotta stoves. Hear the tales of an elderly chef who will share her passion for Indonesian cuisine while cooking a memorable meal.
MEALS [ L ]
Be immersed in Balinese daily life while exploring the market. Watch as the buyers and vendors haggle over the best ingredients and learn about the variety of produce on sale. Iboe Soelastri will introduce the exotic spices on sale, explaining how they are used in local cuisine and providing background into Indonesia’s culinary history.
Armed with this new understanding of local cuisine, head to Warung Djawa for a hands-on cooking class. This humble street-side eatery relies on traditional recipes and instruments to make authentic cuisine. Join Iboe Soelastri in the kitchen, using steamers perched on wood fires, stone grinders, terracotta stoves and more to prepare lunch. She will share her family secrets, time-tested recipes handed down through the generations.
The authentic experience does not end in the kitchen! Once the food is ready, sit down on antique wooden benches and eat the local way, with bare hands.
After this delicious, authentic meal, say farewell to Iboe Soelastri, wrap up the Bali culinary tour and return to the hotel late in the afternoon. (L)
Our services include:
– Joined transfers from and to your hotel (in Canggu area only) in non
-private air conditioned vehicle
– All entrance fees as mentioned
– Meals or Lunch all permissions and local taxes
– Preparation of 5 recipes
Our services do not include:
– Alcoholic drinks at mealtime
– Personal travel insurance
– Transfer from Seminyak, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua, Kuta, Sanur and Ubud area
– Tips for guide, driver, boat crew & hotels’ porters
– Meals other than those mentioned above
– Other services not clearly indicated in the Package Inclusion above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!