Escape from the beaten track with an insightful day tour on Bali’s less touristy, more authentic north coast. Visit traditional pearl and salt farms, explore a unique Buddhist monastery and plunge underwater to see an incredible marine conservation project before wrapping up the day with a soak in sacred springs.
MEALS [ L ]
Then continue along the coast to another traditional cottage industry: sea salt production. Visit a coastal community to observe the process of harvesting the salt. Watch the various steps of this labour-intensive process, seeing conventional methods that have been handed down from generation to generation. Stop in the workshop of Mr Made Gel Gel, who uses innovative techniques to create flavoured salts with items such as lime and chili.
Having explored the coast’s shores, it is time to discover its underwater wonders. Take a snorkelling trip with local NGO Karang Lestari, a group of passionate environmentalists working to restore damaged coral reefs. Swim above the biorock coral they have created, seeing how new live coral is being grown at a rapid rate to help balance the archipelago’s marine environment.
Take a break at a local restaurant, dining while enjoying magnificent views of the mountains and gardens. Following lunch, continue along the north coast to Seririt. The road then climbs into the highlands to Brahma Vihara Arama, one of Indonesia’s only Buddhist monasteries. Take a walk around the grounds, exploring the temples and stupas and enjoying the views of the coast below.
Then it’s a short drive to Banjar, natural sulphur hot springs believed to have healing powers. Take a dip in the soothing waters, relaxing after the day’s adventure. After a good soak, towel off and wrap up the north coast Bali tour with a transfer to the hotel. (L)
Our services include:
– Transportation with driver by private air conditioned vehicle with cool towel and water provided in the car.
– Service of English, French, German, Dutch or Spanish speaking local guide.
– All entrance fees and activities as mentioned.
– Meals as specified (L= Lunch).
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned.
– Other services than mentioned.
– Personal travel Insurance.
– Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items.
– Other services not clearly indicated in the Package Inclusion above.
– High season surcharge for non
-English speaking guide
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat