Venture into the heart of rural Lombok and, while exploring the countryside on the southern slopes of Rinjani National Park, discover why they call Lombok the ‘island of chillies and tobacco.’ A trek in the countryside around Tetebatu village leads through rice fields and plantations. Witness the local life in the Sasak villages and traditional crafts such as basket making or brickworks.
MEALS [ L ]
Continue by car to Tetebatu Village and enjoy lunch at local restaurant.
In the afternoon, continue to Loyok and meet a basket-making family for an introduction into the techniques of making bamboo thread and weaving of baskets, bags and boxes the traditional style. The family is a typical example of Lombok’s residents stemming from diverse backgrounds all over Indonesia. Try to produce some of the different patterns that are possible when weaving with bamboo thread.
Then, continue to a village where roof tiles are produced from clay and get familiar with the different steps of producing a tile, from bringing the clay to the right consistency to burning it in the impressive kilns that every homestead in the village has.
En route to the hotel, stop by at some of the many roadside markets and taste some tropical fruit of the season.
Return to the hotel in the late afternoon. (L)
Our services include:
– Transportation with driver by private air conditioned vehicle
– Service of English/ French/ Spanish/ German speaking local guide
– All entrance fees and activities as mentioned
– Meals as specified (L=Lunch) , Picnic Box
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned
– Other services than mentioned
– Extra charge for non
-English speaking guide
– Personal travel Insurance
– Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items.
– Other services not clearly indicated in the Package Inclusion above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!