As the cultural capital of Indonesia, Yogyakarta is a bustling yet charming town offering easy access for visitors to explore! This half-day tour provides an opportunity to explore the many charms of Yogyakarta through its off the beaten path. The discovery will include Boko Valley and the hidden temples of Banyunibo, Barong and Ijo.
MEALS [ L ]
Note: drinking water bottle, whole fruits and light snacks will be distributed by the guide
Banyunibo Temple (Meaning ‘dripping water’ in Javanese) is the starting point of the walk. The Buddhist temple which is adorned with reliefs will retell the story about it through the guide.
Walking through the village take an uphill trek for a shortcut to the Hindu Temple of Barong. Visit and discover more of this pre-Hinduism style of the shrine.
Gain the rural atmosphere of Boko Valley where the local people will be happily greeted every passer-by. In this area, the woods will turn green during the wet season (Oct-Mar) and golden dried color in the dry season (Apr-Sep). During these times, a lucky visitor could find the farmer bathes the cattle in the water reservoir of Dawangsari village’s dam.
Continue the trek uphill to Pegat, enjoy the view of paddy fields and the rural landscape from this vantage point. Walk further to the peak to finally arrive at the Ijo Temple. Explore this beautiful Hindu temple, take a chance to discover the spell written in the inscription.
Following the visit, be transferred to the local restaurant nearby for lunch.
Return to hotel. (L)
Our services include:
– Transportation with driver by private air conditioned vehicle.
– Service of English speaking local guide (other languages available).
– All entrance fees and activities as mentioned.
– Meals as specified (B= Breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner).
– Local guide
– Refill drinking water bottle
– Whole fruits and light snacks
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned.
– Other services than mentioned.
– Personal travel Insurance.
– Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items.
– Other services not clearly indicated in the Package Inclusion above.
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!