The laid-back seaside town of Sanur invites for a relaxed afternoon of discovering its little secrets on local transportation. Sail with a fisherman along the coast, check-out the most favorite ice-cream parlor, visit and ancient temple, ride on a local minibus and taste local cuisine on the bustling night market.
MEALS [ L ]
Arriving at Semawang Beach, continue by foot to the town’s most popular Italian-run ice cream parlor for a cone. Nearby Blanjong temple is another less known site in the small town. The ancient pillar in the temple boasts an inscription in both Indian Sanskrit and Old Balinese done by King Sri Kesari Warmadewa. Continue the journey through Sanur by Bemo, a very small hop-on minibus with an open door at the side. In many cities of Indonesia this means of transport is still among the most popular ones.
The night market is also called “Pasar Senggol” which means as much as bumping shoulders with each other. Guests at the night market are seated on long benches around the stalls. Taste some of the local delicacies and combine it with a cold beer or a healthy juice.
After dinner return to your hotel. (Ice Cream, Dinner)
Our services include:
– Transportation with driver by private air conditioned vehicle with cool towel and water provided in the car.
– Service of English/French/German/Dutch/Spanish speaking local guide for the transfer to and from the venues.
– Local transportation “Bemo” and “Jukung”.
– Ice cream cone in the afternoon
– Dinner including a main course or several smaller dishes or snacks (e.g. sweet desserts) and a drink (e.g. a juice, beer or even a Jamu herbal drink) on the night market (street food)
– Entrance fees
– Donations / Sarung and sash for temple visit
Our services do not include:
– Other meals or drinks than the mentioned ones.
– Other services than mentioned.
– Personal travel insurance.
– Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items.
– Other services which are not clearly indicated in the package Inclusion above.
– High season surcharge for non
-English speaking guide
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat
Pantawan Cooking Class
- Discover the secrets of Thai cuisine from a local chef
- Browse a fresh market to learn about traditional ingredients
- Cook and dine on delicious dishes at a family home in Chiang Mai