Get a ‘taste’ for local culture with a hands-on cooking course. Sample the spices, try traditional preparation techniques and learn about authentic Balinese culture. Visit the morning market in Ubud and, under the tutelage of an expert chef, cook a variety of dishes learning methods and recipes handed down over generations.
MEALS [ L ]
With the ingredients in hand, don the provided attire, meet in the kitchen and begin the most exciting portion of the course. Not only will there be an introduction to the herbs, spices and techniques of Balinese cooking, but there will also be a chance to learn about the ceremonial and cultural significance of food in Balinese society. The menu changes daily and after preparing the lavish feast, sit down to enjoy the meal together with a glass or two of local rice wine or homemade hibiscus tea.
After partaking in this memorable half day Ubud cooking class, head back to the hotel with a belly full of delicious food and some truly practical knowledge to go home with! (L)
Our services include:
– Private hotel pick up and drop off by air conditioned vehicle.
– English speaking local guide
– All entrance fees and activities as mentioned
– Drinks during the class as indicated
Our services do not include:
– Alcoholic drinks at mealtime
– Personal travel insurance
– Tipping fee
– Meals other than those mentioned above
– Other services not clearly indicated in the Package Inclusion above
– High season surcharge for non
-English speaking guide.
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!