Discover the UNESCO World Heritage site, Isanapura. Before the foundation of Angkor as the capital of the Khmer Empire, this was the most important religious center over the 6th and 7th centuries. Explore less frequently visited hundreds of intricately carved brick and stone towers erected here to honour the Hindu gods for an excellent day trip for those looking to get off the beaten path.
MEALS [ L ]
The three main sites of the ancient city are linked by small and shady tracks. Enjoy a beautiful walk through the jungle with breath-taking views of these beautiful structures that feature distinctive style and decoration compared to the later temples of the Angkor era.
The villages around the temple complex still practice the ancient art of craft making, using materials such as bamboo and rattan. Stop at one village to observe local production. The community runs the Isanborei Craft Hut next to the temples and sells their products there as part of a community-based tourism project. Have the chance to visit and contribute to the sustainability of the people’s livelihood as the local community will prepare a simple but very tasty lunch served near the temple.
After lunch, return to Siem Reap. (L)
Responsible Travel: This program was created in collaboration with GTZ (German Technical Cooperation) to develop Community Based Ecotourism in Sambor Prei Kuk. The catered lunch at the community, ox-cart rides, and local English-speaking guides all support the local villagers. Likewise, the stop at Isanborei is a chance to contribute to the local community.
Our services include:
– Local English speaking guide
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
– Lunch at community center
– Bottled drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Any surcharge/extra fees for visit of the Angkor Historical site imposed by the Apsara Authorities in Siem Reap which are subject to change without prior notice
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide & driver
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Vespa Countryside Life Tour
- Zip through Siem Reap’s outskirts on the back of a Vespa
- See what it’s like living in the shadow of the Angkor temples
- Dine on delicious Khmer food in the middle of the countryside
Phnom Penh Sightseeing
- In-depth exploration of Cambodia’s capital
- Delve into the past at the Royal Palace and National Museum
- Visit sombre reminders of the country’s tragic recent history
Vehicle & guide disposal Siem Reap
- Charming gateway
- Famed Temples of Angkor
- Half day car and guide at disposal in Siem Reap
Contemporary Arts In Battambang
- Visit galleries: explore impressive contemporary galleries in Battambang.
- Meet a local artist and curator: some of the galleries will have the curator and artist show around the art and explain the significance of each one.
- Visit the city’s architectural masterpieces: visit old colonial buildings, markets, and even a cinema.
Helicopter – Angkor Wat, Floating Village & Rulous Group
- Take a private helicopter to the surroundings of the UNESCO World Heritage site Angkor Wat.
- Fly to the mighty Tonlé Sap Lake to see historical temples and floating villages.
- Aerial view of the magnificent architecture of the 9th Century Bakong Temple.
Rehash Trash Souvenir Workshop (2 hours)
- Learn to make a unique and practical souvenir
- Support a worthy social enterprise that provides income to local women
- Help support an organisation that makes a positive impact on the environment