Get a different perspective with a relaxing boat trip on the Tonle Sap River and step back in time with a trip through the Cambodian countryside to the historic town of Oudong. Encounter Cambodian culture in rural villages and meet with monks at a meditation centre. Gaze across the countryside from a hilltop pagoda.
MEALS [ L ]
Then, climb the stairs to the top of Oudong Mountain and enjoy magnificent views over the plains below. Your guide will explain the history of the area and its buildings as well as the religious culture of the Cambodian people. Take your time to soak in the magnificent views over the plains below.
Before heading to Phnom Penh stop at the spectacular Vipassana Dhura Buddhist Meditation Center. Your guide can explain more about the school of Vipassana (Insight Meditation) as you tour the center, before taking part in a meditation class with one of the teachers.
Don’t forget to see the impressive jade Buddha, the mummified monk and the brightly painted walls telling the story of the Ramayana, the epic Sanskrit poem that decorates many pagodas seen around the country.
On the way back to Phnom Penh by car, you will also visit Kompong Luong, a village famous for its silversmiths. The traditional craft has been passed down from generation to generation. Watch as the skilled silversmiths create cups, bowls and other items using age-old techniques. (L)
Our services include:
-Local English speaking guide
-Tours and transfer as mentioned by private air
-conditioned vehicle and by wooden boat
-Entrance fees for mentioned visits
-BBQ Lunch on board
-Bottled water and cold towels
Our services do not include:
-Other drinks and personal expenses
-Personal travel insurance
-Tips for guide, driver & boat crew
-Services not mentioned.
-Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat