Be immersed in Thailand's religious culture with a fascinating excursion through Bangkok's spiritual landmarks. Watch monks performing their morning chants, partake in a Buddhist alms donation and visit one of the city’s oldest Taoist temples, gaining greater insight into Thailand’s spirituality.
MEALS [ L ]
Take a short walk up the temple’s golden hill, listening to the chimes of the temple’s bells. Enjoy fantastic views of the Rattanakosin neighbourhood from this elevated viewpoint. Then continue through the historical district of Bangkok, passing by many beautiful religious buildings.
Make a stop at a small market to purchase ‘Sangkatan’¸ a special offering for monks. Carry these donations to Wat Ratchabophit, a beautiful temple that blends Thai architecture with European influences. Present the sangkatan to the monks, then wander around the temple compound, seeing local worshippers and devotees at prayer.
Then take a look at another aspect of Thai spirituality. Visit the Tiger God Shrine, one of the oldest Taoist temples in Bangkok. Learn about the Taoist belief system and its role in Thai society.
After this insightful morning discovering Bangkok’s spiritual side, return to the hotel.
Our services include:
– Transportation with driver in Air
– Service of English speaking local guide
– Entrance fees and activities where mentioned
– Drinking water during the tour
– Tips for driver
Our services do not include:
– Other services than mentioned
– Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Local Foodie Koh Phangan
- Visit local bustling fresh food market and observe everyday life.
- Meet the locals in their homes and farms to learn about local produce.
- Learn to cook the way the locals do and prepare lunch
Treasure Hunt & The Golden Mountain
- Discover Bangkok’s historical sites and neighbourhoods on a treasure hunt
- Crack codes and complete missions while walking through the Golden Mountain
- Interact with the locals and enjoy local snacks along the way
Bangkok City Safari – Eco Friendly
- Travel by Bangkok’s public transportation- just like a local
- Witness the production of monk’s bowls at a family workshop
- Visit Jim Thompson House to learn about traditional Thai silk
Ayutthaya Insight by Train
- Discover Ayutthaya, an ancient capital teeming with history
- Travel by train to see Thailand rural landscapes
- Look beyond the historic monuments to discover local culture
Cruising Phang Nga Bay in Style
- Cruise on a private speedboat
- Pass by James Bond Island
- Eat lunch in a private island
Blessings Food and Culture
- Visit Wat Suan Phlu and receive a private blessing from a monk
- Explore unknown Bangkokian Museum for fascinating insights to the city’s history
- Marvel at street along Charoen Krung Road known as the Brooklyn of Bangkok