The Nam Nern Night Safari is a 24-hour, boat-based tour into the core of the Nam Et-Phou Louey National Protected Area. The highlight of the trip is the nighttime wildlife-spotlighting, when long-tail boats drift down the Nam Nern River looking for wild and endangered animals before returning visitors to the ecolodge within the national park.
This innovative and adventurous journey is not only one of the few opportunities in Laos to view rare wildlife, but the trip is designed to support alternative livelihoods for local people and generate community support for conservation of tigers and other wildlife.
MEALS [ L ]
Experience a night safari, all of which has been developed and created by the local community. Learn about wildlife conservation, medicinal plants, traditional agriculture and the history of the Secret War from the local Khmu guide.
Shortly after arriving to Ban Son Koua, an ethnic Khmu Village, enjoy a local lunch.
Start with a village tour alongside local guides and boatmen learning about the animist tradition of appeasing the village spirit. Then embark on a 1.5 hour journey to the park substation on the Nam Nern River by longtail boat, learning about upland rice cultivation and spotting monitor lizards and bird life.
After lunch, receive a briefing by park staff about the on‐the‐ground efforts in protecting tigers and their prey. Around the middle of the afternoon, depart for the night safari. (L)
Our services include:
– English speaking adventure guide (for other languages supplements apply)
– All entrance fees as mentioned
– All permissions and local taxes
– Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Our services do not include:
– Alcoholic drinks & drinks at mealtime
– Transport in a private air conditioned vehicle
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide and driver
– Personal expenses
– Meals other than those mentioned above
– Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusion above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!