Uncover the secrets of Japan’s world-famous cuisine with an insightful Kyoto food tour. Join a passionate foodie to explore the incredible array of fresh items on sale at Nishiki Market. Then sip sake at a machiya – a traditional wooden Japanese townhouse – before stepping into the kitchen to prepare an authentic Japanese dinner.
MEALS [ L ]
Loaded with local produce, leave the market and head to the cooking class. Enjoy a sake tasting upon arrival at the machiya (traditional wooden townhouse), learning about the process of brewing this traditional alcohol and sampling different varieties.
Then it’s time to start cooking. Step into the kitchen and join a local culinary expert for a fun, interactive culinary experience. Learn to make rolled sushi, miso soup and fruit salad using traditional techniques and hear about the dining habits of the Japanese people. After this delicious, home-cooked dinner, say farewell to the cook and head out to explore Kyoto’s nightlife or return to the hotel. (D)
Our services include:
– Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
– All applicable entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary
Our services do not include:
– International and domestic flights (quoted separately)
– Transfers to and from the venue
– Meals and/or drinks other than mentioned above
– Personal expenses (e.g. drinks, laundry, telephone, and other expenditures of a personal nature)
– Travel insurance
– Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!