Take an opportunity to learn about northern Thai cuisine the unique way. Start off the tour of the local family’s house and harvest produce at their garden. Learn of the traditional techniques of northern Thai dishes before setting the prepared meal in a ‘kantoke’ set dining table. It’s an intimate cooking experience that touches the heart and tastebuds!
MEALS [ L ]
First, it’s important to dress like a local, so go for ’mor-hom’ which is a type of traditional clothing that locals from the north of Thailand wear regularly. Then venture out of the city centre to the local district of Hang Dong to meet Mr. Prapat and his family. The hosts will provide a warm welcome into their home.
After the meet and greet, Mr. Prapat will give a tour of the property featuring local architectural styles. There may be an opportunity to witness basket weaving, a handmade process that has remained unchanged for centuries.
Next up is a visit to Mr. Prapat’s garden to browse his vibrant array of produce. Select some fresh ingredients, grab an apron and head inside to begin the interactive cooking experience. The family will share their recipes and demonstrate the traditional techniques needed to prepare delicious northern Thai dishes. Share stories of food and family while cooking lunch. The dining table will be nicely set up in northern ‘kantoke’ style, ready for sharing a tasty meal with the local family.
The afternoon is free to explore the neighborhood. Capture scenes of daily life and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere of this local area.
Towards the end of the day, say farewell to Mr. Prapat and his family and return to Chiang Mai. (L)
Our services include:
– Transportation with driver in an Air
-Conditioned VIP vehicle (Hyundai H1)
– Luxury service of English
– Northern ‘kantoke’ lunch with the host family
– Memorable souvenir gift: the ‘mor
– Drinking water during transfers
– Tips for driver
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned
– Other services than mentioned
– International and domestic flights
– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditures of a personal nature
– Travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat