MEALS [ L ]
At 09:00 a Songteaw (Chiang Mai’s famous local form of transport) will come to your hotel to pick your family up. This is a fun way to travel to begin your family morning out. Begin by travelling for 30 minutes out of Chiang Mai to a temple called Wat Umong (Tunnel temple). The temple is in a peaceful forest location and is fun area to explore.
After some time at the temple head to Baan Kang Wat which is a small, sustainable crafts village. At the village there are many activities that families can take part in. The activities are all laid out in a village format so you can walk from house to house taking in as many as you like. These are all locals from the Chiang Mai area allowing guests to join in their workshops while showing their own works to guests too. The workshops and activities are fun for all the family, also there are some cafes, smoothie places and clothes shops for those who want to just browse and take in the delightful atmosphere.
A few of the activities and workshops one can join in are “Note a book” book creation for budding authors, key ring creating, post card making, card holder making, ceramic workshop. Available at the village is also a small art gallery, a great fun for kids to enjoy.
After taking your time to enjoy a creative morning with these Chiang Mai local artists head to a local restaurant famous for noodles with chicken. Once full next door is a local ice cream shop to help you cool off. This ice cream shop is very much a family friendly place, with over 100 flavors of ice-cream to try pick your flavor and take in the garden which has a few surprises to discover.
Once you are full from the local food, transfer back to your hotel for a relaxing afternoon.
Our services include:
-Tour by public transportation (Songtaew)
-Entrance fees for all visits as mentioned in the itinerary.
-Workshops at the village
-Lunch at a local restaurant
-Ice cream at a local ice cream shop
-Tips for driver
Our services do not include:
-International and domestic Flights
-Meals otherthan mentioned above.
-Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, drinks, tips etc.)
-Anyservicenot mentioned above
-Transfers outside the city area
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat