Discover why Chiang Mai is known as ‘The Creative City of Thailand’. Visit the city’s top contemporary art gallery and admire the works of talented local artisans. Continue to the Elephant Parade House for a hands-on art experience that raises money to preserve Thailand’s elephant population.
MEALS [ L ]
Head to Nimmanhemin, a hip student district near the University of Chiang Mai (CMU). Visit the University’s Contemporary Art Gallery, a multi-level gallery that displays the works of famous local artists as well as many up-and-coming artists. Meet with one-such artist who will share their personal story as well as provide expert insight into the world of Thai modern art.
Take a break at a local café, choosing from one of the many eclectic cafés that fill the Nimmanhemin neighbourhood. Enjoy a delicious cup of coffee while people watching and learning about student life in Chiang Mai.
Continue the arts exploration with a trip to Elephant Parade House for a hands-on activity. Paint and decorate a miniature elephant statue. Part of a worldwide organization, Elephant Parade House gets celebrities and renowned artists to paint these mini-elephants then auctions them off to raise money for elephant conservation. This fun, interactive experience supports a good cause and provides a memorable souvenir from Thailand’s creative scene.
With a custom-made elephant in hand, the arts adventure ends with a drive back to the hotel.
Our services include:
– Coffee break
– English speaking guide
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private Air
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
– Tips for driver
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Other services than mentioned
– International and Domestic Flights
– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
– Tips for guide, travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat