Step into a world of ancient history and regal monuments with a full day excursion to Bangkok’s surroundings. Wander among the grand temples of Ayutthaya, Thailand’s former royal capital. Cruise along the ‘River of Kings’ to Bang Pa-In and explore the lavish gardens and mansions of the royal Summer Palace.
MEALS [ L ]
Aside from the monuments, take a look at Ayutthaya itself and see how the city has evolved over the years. Even though a short distance from the busy modern capital of Bangkok, Ayutthaya retains a sleepy, laid back atmosphere. Get a taste of the city’s rhythms with a walk through the market and the Muslim Quarter which offers the opportunity to sample an unusual local delicacy, candy floss roti.
Sit down for a rest and a lunch of delicious local Thai dishes at midday. Then continue exploring with a leisurely one hour long-tail boat ride down the Chao Phraya River. Enjoy the passing scenes of riverside villages while cruising down the ‘River of Kings’. Arrive at a small river island home to Wat Niwet Thammaprawat. Be amazed at this distinctive Buddhist temple which features remarkable Gothic-style architecture and stained glass windows. Then take the cable car across the river for aerial views of the waterway and continue by golf car to Bang Pa-In Summer Palace. Built in the 1600s as the summer residence for the Royal Family, Bang Pa-In is an impressive collection of gardens and majestic mansions. Although rarely used these days, the palace retains its royal elegance and offers a great opportunity to learn about the Kingdom’s history and culture.
Following this insightful day trip to Ayutthaya, return to Bangkok by van. (L)
Our services include:
– Van transportation with driver in Air
– Service of English speaking local guide.
– Lunch at a local restaurant.
– Entrance fees and activities where mentioned.
– Drinking water during the tour.
– Tips for driver
Our services do not include:
– Other services than mentioned.
– Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items.
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat