Skip past the tourist restaurants and discover the best flavors in town on this Siem Reap street food and night market tour. Try exotic delicacies like fried insects or just stick with classic favorites like barbecued meats and wash it all down with tropical fruit juice or try a can of Cambodian beer. Then hit the nearby night market, where Siem Reap residents come to shop, play carnival games, and enjoy local music. It’s a night on the town unlike any other!
MEALS [ L ]
Make a stop at a stall famous for its pickled fruit and fried insects. These are popular snacks for the Cambodian people. Taste the contrasting flavors of sour fruit dipped in a salty and spicy dip, or try a selection of crispy crickets, grasshoppers, or silkworms. As you walk down the street past various stalls selling everything from clothing to toys, stop to sample some barbeque or exotic local treats such as roast pork belly, snails, and grilled frog. Mingle with the locals as they watch their evening meal being prepared over the hot coals and join them on bamboo mats for a picnic-style meal.
Far from foreign-oriented attractions but just a short walk from the street stalls is Siem Reap’s newest night market, featuring restaurants, bars, and shops all built into and on top of cargo containers. Sit down for a glass of beer and listen to local music, play some carnival games and win a stuffed elephant for your children or sweetheart, or just stroll the shops and pick up some souvenirs.
Our services include:
– English speaking local guide.
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private tuk tuks
– Local food tasting
– Beverages as mentioned in the itinerary
Our services do not include:
– Any personal expenses
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guides & driver
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat