Get off the tourist trail and discover parts of Siem Reap most visitors don’t have the chance to see.Take a boat trip through remote parts of the Tonle Sap Lake and dine in a local family’s house to see how the lake’s residents live. Then explore the jungle-clad Beng Melea, an adventurous visit to a remote temple.
MEALS [ L ]
Cruise through the Kompong Khleang floating village and see this unique way of living. For an even deeper understanding of life on the Tonle Sap, head to a local family house for lunch. See the inside of a typical house and watch the boats pass by while enjoying a packed lunch. (Note: during the months Apr-Sep the water level may be too low for a visit by boat. However the village can be visited by car. It is fascinating to walk around and see how the stilted houses are exposed from lake when water levels are low!)
Return to land and drive to Beng Mealea, far and away Angkor’s most atmospheric temple. Hidden by jungle for centuries, the sprawling temple still is partly covered by branches and roots. Climb through the roots and branches to discover hidden chambers and moss-covered carvings.
After this adventurous day on the lake and in the jungle, return to Siem Reap. (L)
Our services include:
– Local English speaking guide
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air-conditioned vehicle
– Breakfast and lunch on board the boat
– Bottled water
– Admission fee to Angkor Temples
Our services do not include:
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide & driver
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Vespa Countryside Life Tour
- Zip through Siem Reap’s outskirts on the back of a Vespa
- See what it’s like living in the shadow of the Angkor temples
- Dine on delicious Khmer food in the middle of the countryside
Full Day Tour: Phnom Penh Sightseeing (Private Tour)
- In-depth exploration of Cambodia’s capital
- Delve into the past at the Royal Palace and National Museum
- Visit sombre reminders of the country’s tragic recent history
Vehicle and Guide at Disposal in Siem Reap
- Charming gateway
- Famed Temples of Angkor
- Half day car and guide at disposal in Siem Reap
Helicopter Over Angkor Wat & Temples (Join-in Tour)
- Soar above the surroundings of Angkor Wat and see the historic temples from a bird’s eye view
- Loop on a temple tour to see the lesser-known temples in the area
- Be awed by the sheer scale of the former Khmer empire.
Helicopter Over Koh Ker and Beng Mealea
- Take a helicopter loop with rewarding aerial views of Angkor Wat and lesser-known temples.
- Visit ancient capital of Cambodia, Koh Ker and see a stupa unique of Angkorian temples.
- Discover the hidden jungle temple of Beng Mealea.
Helicopter Over Angkor Wat and Kulen Ranges
- Hop on a once-in-a-lifetime luxury air-conditioned helicopter for a flight like no other.
- Get a bird’s eye view of Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples on board a private helicopter.
- Fly north-east to see the Kulen Ranges and its spectacular waterfalls and majestic sandstone cliffs.