MEALS [ L ]
with historic sites. Bounce along slippery country roads and tracks, over volcanic rocks and occasionally through shallow streams. The adventure is .
The first stop is the impressive Poeng . See the moss-covered stone carvings of Shiva, Vishnu, Ganesh, and other Hindu icons and learn about the early beginnings of the Khmer Empire when Hinduism was the dominant religion.
Continue to nearby Prasat . This 3-tiered pyramid temple is arguably the most important site in all of Cambodia. Feel the echoes of history as it was here that Jayavarman II declared himself king and announced Cambodia’s independence from Java.
Venture deeper into the jungle-covered Phnom Kulen, learning about the importance of the mountain. The quarries of Kulen Mountain provided the stones used to build Angkor Wat and its river was a main source of water for the Siem Reap River.
Take a break for lunch in a scenic spot and then continue exploring with a visit to the Bat Cave. Use torches to head into the deep cave where to visit a modern shrine that is a popular pilgrimage site.
Then it’s on to Damrei to see the impressive ancient stone statues. Prepare to by the life-size Elephant Statue, which represents the mountain’s guardian, and the smaller statues of lions, a cow and a frog. Seeing these ancient carvings in the middle of the jungle is a unique experience and a poignant reminder of the strength of the early Khmer Empire. More stone carvings lie just around the corner at Damrei .
Loop back to Preah Ang Thom Temple, hop off the motorbike and continue by car and on foot to the River of A Thousand Lingas. After with incredible sites, this may be the most impressive. Stare in awe at the hundreds of linga carvings found on the bed of the river.
Before returning to Siem Reap, cool down from the day’s adventure with a swim at Kulen Waterfall. Relax and reflect on the natural wonders of Phnom Kulen and its rich history.
Return to Siem Reap early this evening. (L)
Note: For the motorbike experience it is necessary to sign a waiver form. We recommend wearing long trousers and using insect repellent for this pioneering but rewarding experience. Not available for children under 12 years old
Our services include:
– Local guide
– Transfer by private air-conditioned 4WD vehicle to Kulen Mountain
– Motorbike as (passenger) for travel on Kulen Mountain
– Picnic packed lunch as in itinerary
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
– Bottled drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Personal travel insurance
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Full Day Tour: Phnom Penh Sightseeing (Private Tour)
- In-depth exploration of Cambodia’s capital
- Delve into the past at the Royal Palace and National Museum
- Visit sombre reminders of the country’s tragic recent history
Vespa Countryside Life Tour
- Zip through Siem Reap’s outskirts on the back of a Vespa
- See what it’s like living in the shadow of the Angkor temples
- Dine on delicious Khmer food in the middle of the countryside
Vehicle and Guide at Disposal in Siem Reap
- Charming gateway
- Famed Temples of Angkor
- Half day car and guide at disposal in Siem Reap
Helicopter Over Angkor Wat & Temples (Join-in Tour)
- Soar above the surroundings of Angkor Wat and see the historic temples from a bird’s eye view
- Loop on a temple tour to see the lesser-known temples in the area
- Be awed by the sheer scale of the former Khmer empire.
Helicopter Over Koh Ker and Beng Mealea
- Take a helicopter loop with rewarding aerial views of Angkor Wat and lesser-known temples.
- Visit ancient capital of Cambodia, Koh Ker and see a stupa unique of Angkorian temples.
- Discover the hidden jungle temple of Beng Mealea.
Helicopter Over Angkor Wat and Kulen Ranges
- Hop on a once-in-a-lifetime luxury air-conditioned helicopter for a flight like no other.
- Get a bird’s eye view of Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples on board a private helicopter.
- Fly north-east to see the Kulen Ranges and its spectacular waterfalls and majestic sandstone cliffs.