Arriving in a new city is exciting, and this introduction walking tour of Siem Reap will acquaint you with the city. From spirit shrines to Angkor sculpture, royal gardens to historic temples, get an interesting overview of Cambodian culture and history, which provides valuable insight before going out on other tours around Siem Reap and the Angkor Temple complex.
MEALS [ L ]
Just beside Ya Tep lies Preak Ang Chek and Preak Angchom, a popular Buddhist shrine surrounded by stories of power and indestructibility. Preak Ang Chek and Preak Angchom have also come to fame because of the fortune teller at the shrine. Visit this palm reader and learn what the future holds!
Continue onwards and learn about Spirit Houses, which are common in Buddist countries across Southeast Asia, including Cambodia, although they likely predate Buddhism and belong to the animist religious practices of the early Khmer. The Royal Crusade for Independence Gardens are beautiful to walk through, and host a colony of giant fruit bats. Sites such as the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor, the Royal Residence, a statue of a Deva (God) from Angkor Thom, and Wat Preah Prom Rath are all lovely sites to be seen along the way.
Finish the walking tour along the riverside opposite Psar Chas, the Old Market. While the south side of the market has largely been given over to stalls selling souvenirs to tourists, much of the market still caters to a local clientele who shop here for everything from fresh produce and household supplies to motorbike parts. Along the riverside are a number of stalls selling various street foods, including fruit smoothies, noodle soup, and roti pancakes. Grab a snack if you wish, enjoy a stroll around the market, or ask the guide to hail a remork to return to the hotel.
Our services include:
– Local English speaking guide
– Transportation by remork to/from hotel (if necessary)
Our services do not include:
-Drinks and personal expenses
-Personal travel insurance
-Tips for guide & driver
-Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Vespa Countryside Life Tour
- Zip through Siem Reap’s outskirts on the back of a Vespa
- See what it’s like living in the shadow of the Angkor temples
- Dine on delicious Khmer food in the middle of the countryside
Phnom Penh Sightseeing
- In-depth exploration of Cambodia’s capital
- Delve into the past at the Royal Palace and National Museum
- Visit sombre reminders of the country’s tragic recent history
Vehicle & guide disposal Siem Reap
- Charming gateway
- Famed Temples of Angkor
- Half day car and guide at disposal in Siem Reap
Contemporary Arts In Battambang
- Visit galleries: explore impressive contemporary galleries in Battambang.
- Meet a local artist and curator: some of the galleries will have the curator and artist show around the art and explain the significance of each one.
- Visit the city’s architectural masterpieces: visit old colonial buildings, markets, and even a cinema.
Helicopter – Angkor Wat, Floating Village & Rulous Group
- Take a private helicopter to the surroundings of the UNESCO World Heritage site Angkor Wat.
- Fly to the mighty Tonlé Sap Lake to see historical temples and floating villages.
- Aerial view of the magnificent architecture of the 9th Century Bakong Temple.
Rehash Trash Souvenir Workshop (2 hours)
- Learn to make a unique and practical souvenir
- Support a worthy social enterprise that provides income to local women
- Help support an organisation that makes a positive impact on the environment