MEALS [ L ]
Continue to Takeo, a sleep small town typical of rural Cambodia. Amble through town, passing markets and street side stalls and meeting with curious locals. After lunch, head out to Angkor Borei to visit a small archaeological museum that provides better insight in to Takeo’s past. Nearby is Phnom Da, another fascinating set of temple ruins that date to the pre-Angkorian Funan era: this is one of the earliest religious sites in Cambodia.
After this full day out, it is time to return in the direction of the capita, making one more stop on the way at Tonle Bati, a small but beautiful Angkorian-style temple from the reign of Jayavarman VII, who built Bayon in the great city of Angkor Thom. The quiet lakeside setting is popular with the city residents who come out on the weekends to relax in the bamboo huts on the water’s edge.
Reach Phnom Penh in the early evening, returning to the busy modern city after a day in the countryside. (L)
Our services include:
– Local English speaking guide.
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air
– Entrance fees for all mentioned visits.
– Lunch in a local restaurant.
– Bottled drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide, driver and boat crew
– Meals not indicated in the itinerary
-Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat