Be enchanted by Siem Reap’s atmospheric countryside. Soak up the views of villages, fields and swaying palm trees while crossing quiet lanes by ox cart. Wander through the ancient Rolous Group temples and receive a special blessing from a Buddhist monk, unforgettable experiences that are truly Cambodian.
MEALS [ L ]
Upon reaching the entrance, leave the car behind and travel on foot to appreciate the beauty of the land and the pagodas. Admire the three monuments of the Rolous Group from afar while the guide provides a brief introduction of their history. Dating back to the 8th and 9th centuries these are the oldest ruins in the region and, yet, are still remarkably well preserved.
Take a closer look at the temples, named Lolei, Bakong and Preah Ko, with a three-kilometre walking tour. Step inside one of these ancient monuments for a special blessing ceremony. Seated in front of a Buddhist monk, receive wishes of good luck and good health while gaining a deeper understanding of Khmer culture and customs.
Following this special ceremony, climb into an ox cart for a short ride around the area. Soak up the beauty of the surroundings and enjoy the tranquillity of the countryside as the cart slowly makes its way through the fields. See typical scenes of rural farming life set amid Cambodia’s iconic sugar palm trees.
Savour one last look at the remarkable Rolous group and scenic countryside before returning to Siem Reap at the end of the tour.
Our services include:
– Local guide
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
– Bottled water
-Admission fee to Angkor Temples 1day
Our services do not include:
– Any surcharge/extra fees for of the Angkor Historical site imposed by the Apsara Authorities in Siem Reap which are subject to change without prior notice
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Meals at own expense
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide & driver
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Phnom Penh Sightseeing
- In-depth exploration of Cambodia’s capital
- Delve into the past at the Royal Palace and National Museum
- Visit sombre reminders of the country’s tragic recent history
Vespa Countryside Life Tour
- Zip through Siem Reap’s outskirts on the back of a Vespa
- See what it’s like living in the shadow of the Angkor temples
- Dine on delicious Khmer food in the middle of the countryside
Vehicle & guide disposal Siem Reap
- Charming gateway
- Famed Temples of Angkor
- Half day car and guide at disposal in Siem Reap
Contemporary Arts In Battambang
- Visit galleries: explore impressive contemporary galleries in Battambang.
- Meet a local artist and curator: some of the galleries will have the curator and artist show around the art and explain the significance of each one.
- Visit the city’s architectural masterpieces: visit old colonial buildings, markets, and even a cinema.
Helicopter Experience – Angkor Wat & Temples
- Soar above the surroundings of Angkor Wat and see the historic temples from a bird’s eye view
- Loop on a temple tour to see the lesser-known temples in the area
- Be awed by the sheer scale of the former Khmer empire.
Helicopter – Koh Ker – Beng Mealea
- Take a helicopter loop with rewarding aerial views of Angkor Wat and lesser-known temples.
- Visit ancient capital of Cambodia, Koh Ker and see a stupa unique of Angkorian temples.
- Discover the hidden jungle temple of Beng Mealea.