Encounter the essence of Cambodia with a visit to Oudong Mountain. Venture along rural lanes and stop in farming villages to discover the charm of the countryside. Climb to the top of the stupa-covered Oudong Hill, learning about the town’s history and enjoying fantastic views along the way.
MEALS [ L ]
Then, climb the stairs to the top of Oudong Mountain and enjoy magnificent views over the plains below. Your guide will explain the history of the area and its buildings the religious culture of the Cambodian people. Take your time to soak in the magnificent views over the plains below.
Now you are ready for lunch at a local restaurant and some chill out time in a hammock.
Before returning to Phnom Penh stop to look at the spectacular Vipassana Buddhist Meditation Center, also in Oudong. Your guide can explain more about the school of Vipassana (Insight Meditation) as you tour the center. Don’t forget to see the impressive jade Buddha, the mummified monk the brightly painted walls telling the story of the Ramayana, the epic Sanskrit poem that decorates many pagodas seen around the country.
On the way back to Phnom Penh stop to visit the village of Kompong Luong, famous for its silverwork. Once the royal port for Oudong, the village has been home to generations of silversmiths. You can watch cups, bowls and boxes being crafted by the hard working villagers before continuing your journey back to the capital. (L)
Our services include:
– Local guide
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
– Lunch at a local picnic site
– Bottled drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Meals at own expense
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide & driver
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Vespa Countryside Life Tour
- Zip through Siem Reap’s outskirts on the back of a Vespa
- See what it’s like living in the shadow of the Angkor temples
- Dine on delicious Khmer food in the middle of the countryside
Phnom Penh Sightseeing
- In-depth exploration of Cambodia’s capital
- Delve into the past at the Royal Palace and National Museum
- Visit sombre reminders of the country’s tragic recent history
Vehicle & guide disposal Siem Reap
- Charming gateway
- Famed Temples of Angkor
- Half day car and guide at disposal in Siem Reap
Contemporary Arts In Battambang
- Visit galleries: explore impressive contemporary galleries in Battambang.
- Meet a local artist and curator: some of the galleries will have the curator and artist show around the art and explain the significance of each one.
- Visit the city’s architectural masterpieces: visit old colonial buildings, markets, and even a cinema.
Helicopter Experience – Angkor Wat & Temples
- Soar above the surroundings of Angkor Wat and see the historic temples from a bird’s eye view
- Loop on a temple tour to see the lesser-known temples in the area
- Be awed by the sheer scale of the former Khmer empire.
Helicopter – Koh Ker – Beng Mealea
- Take a helicopter loop with rewarding aerial views of Angkor Wat and lesser-known temples.
- Visit ancient capital of Cambodia, Koh Ker and see a stupa unique of Angkorian temples.
- Discover the hidden jungle temple of Beng Mealea.