MEALS [ L ]
Travel by cyclo to the morning market. Wander through the aisles and learn about the different herbs, fruits and vegetables on display. See local residents doing their daily shopping and bartering with the vendors for the best prices.
Continue on to the street stalls where each vendor specialises in a particular dish. Look for the busiest stalls to seek out the best food. Sample seasonal fruit and traditional snacks, such as barbecued meat or fried insects.
After 2 hours of wandering and snacking, it’s time for lunch! Sit down at a popular local restaurant for a smorgasbord of delicious Khmer food. The meal is served the traditional way, with large bowls of food placed in the centre of the table to then be spooned on to individual plates.
Return to the hotel after lunch with a full belly and a better understanding of Cambodian culture. (L)
Note: Can be done year-round. Conditions can be wet and dirty at times — flip flops are best. The market visited is one used by Phnom Penh citizens for shopping and not on the tourist trail.
Our services include:
– English speaking local guide.
– Cyclo ride
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air
– Local food tasting in the market
– Meals as mentioned (L= Lunch)
– Bottled drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Other meals at own expense
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guides & driver
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Phnom Penh Sightseeing
- In-depth exploration of Cambodia’s capital
- Delve into the past at the Royal Palace and National Museum
- Visit sombre reminders of the country’s tragic recent history
Vespa Countryside Life Tour
- Zip through Siem Reap’s outskirts on the back of a Vespa
- See what it’s like living in the shadow of the Angkor temples
- Dine on delicious Khmer food in the middle of the countryside
Vehicle & guide disposal Siem Reap
- Charming gateway
- Famed Temples of Angkor
- Half day car and guide at disposal in Siem Reap
Contemporary Arts In Battambang
- Visit galleries: explore impressive contemporary galleries in Battambang.
- Meet a local artist and curator: some of the galleries will have the curator and artist show around the art and explain the significance of each one.
- Visit the city’s architectural masterpieces: visit old colonial buildings, markets, and even a cinema.
Helicopter Experience – Angkor Wat & Temples
- Soar above the surroundings of Angkor Wat and see the historic temples from a bird’s eye view
- Loop on a temple tour to see the lesser-known temples in the area
- Be awed by the sheer scale of the former Khmer empire.
Helicopter – Koh Ker – Beng Mealea
- Take a helicopter loop with rewarding aerial views of Angkor Wat and lesser-known temples.
- Visit ancient capital of Cambodia, Koh Ker and see a stupa unique of Angkorian temples.
- Discover the hidden jungle temple of Beng Mealea.