A perfect day for animal lovers! Get up close with Cambodia’s exotic wildlife at the Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre. See Asiatic and Black Bears as well as gibbons and elephants rescued from poachers. Meet with the passionate staff and learn about their efforts to end wildlife trafficking in Cambodia.
MEALS [ L ]
Begin the Phnom Tamao tour with a walk through the 7 hectare compound alongside a caretaker. See more than 100 Asian Sun Bears and Black Bears (aka Moon Bears) who have been rescued from poachers and learn about Cambodia’s wildlife trade. There are also other animals, more than 12,000 in total, such as elephants and gibbons that are being rehabilitated and cared for at Phnom Tamao.
Although the animals are fenced off, there are plenty of opportunities to observe them. Join the caretakers to feed the bears and learn about the different personalities of the many Sun and Moon Bears who now call the park home.
A delicious picnic lunch will be served in a bamboo hut at the centre. After lunch, explore the grounds of the Wildlife Rescue Center with wildlife experts. Watch the gibbons as they swing from tree to tree, watch the squeaky otters play in the water, and enjoy a variety of exotic animals from Clouded Leopard to Asian Elephants, all of whom have been saved from captivity and are well cared for by local wildlife professionals. This is an incredible chance to see the diversity of Cambodia’s wildlife up close!
In the afternoon, say goodbye to the staff and animals, wrap up the Phnom Tamao tour and return to Phnom Penh. (L)
Our services include:
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air
– Guided tour of Phnom Tamao with a bear keeper
– Entrance fees for all mentioned visits.
– Lunch in the rescue center restaurant.
– Bottled drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Personal travel insurance
– Meals not indicated in the itinerary
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat