Short but sweet, this Siem Reap half day tour showcases its most iconic site: Angkor Wat. Study the intricately carved walls, unlocking the history and legends of 12th century Cambodia. Grasp the sheer size of Angkor Wat and its towers while soaring high above the plains in a tethered hot-air balloon.
MEALS [ L ]
Take a closer look at the intricately carved gallery walls and learn about the Hindu myths and historic tales they represent. See some of the 2000 “Apsara” carvings, each one a unique representation of female guardian spirits adorning the temple walls.
After this detailed look at Angkor Wat, get a different – yet equally impressive – perspective. Take a ride in a tethered helium balloon, ascending up to 120 meters, floating for a while, and then descending back to Earth. Be amazed by the sheer enormity of Angkor Wat and impressed by the size of the overall temple area.
Following the balloon ride, take one last look at Angkor Wat and return to Siem Reap.
Note: Balloon rides are dependent upon weather conditions, which are often seasonal. Speak to your guide about whether it’s best for you to ride the balloon before or after visiting Angkor Wat.
Our services include:
– Local English speaking guide
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air
– Ride in a tethered Helium Balloon over Angkor (ca. 105 mins and shared with other passengers)
– Bottled water
-day Angkor Pass
Our services do not include:
– Any surcharge/extra fees for visit of the Angkor Historical site imposed by the Apsara Authorities in Siem Reap which are subject to change without prior notice
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide & driver
– Meals not indicated in the itinerary
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Vespa Countryside Life Tour
- Zip through Siem Reap’s outskirts on the back of a Vespa
- See what it’s like living in the shadow of the Angkor temples
- Dine on delicious Khmer food in the middle of the countryside
Phnom Penh Sightseeing
- In-depth exploration of Cambodia’s capital
- Delve into the past at the Royal Palace and National Museum
- Visit sombre reminders of the country’s tragic recent history
Vehicle & guide disposal Siem Reap
- Charming gateway
- Famed Temples of Angkor
- Half day car and guide at disposal in Siem Reap
Contemporary Arts In Battambang
- Visit galleries: explore impressive contemporary galleries in Battambang.
- Meet a local artist and curator: some of the galleries will have the curator and artist show around the art and explain the significance of each one.
- Visit the city’s architectural masterpieces: visit old colonial buildings, markets, and even a cinema.
Helicopter Experience – Angkor Wat & Temples
- Soar above the surroundings of Angkor Wat and see the historic temples from a bird’s eye view
- Loop on a temple tour to see the lesser-known temples in the area
- Be awed by the sheer scale of the former Khmer empire.
Helicopter – Koh Ker – Beng Mealea
- Take a helicopter loop with rewarding aerial views of Angkor Wat and lesser-known temples.
- Visit ancient capital of Cambodia, Koh Ker and see a stupa unique of Angkorian temples.
- Discover the hidden jungle temple of Beng Mealea.