Hit the road to Siem Reap’s outskirts where stunning scenery and intriguing history stand side-by-side. Trace the origin of the Khmer Empire with a visit to Phnom Kulen. Walk along the shores of a riverbed filled with intricate carvings. Scramble over tree roots at the jungle-clad Beng Mealea temple.
MEALS [ L ]
The mountain is considered the birthplace of the Khmer empire and is thus a popular pilgrimage site for locals. Travel to the top and learn about the origins of the empire while venturing from temple to temple, many of which are hidden by nature. Continue to the unusual River of 1000 Lingas, a riverbed carved with Hindu gods and other religious symbols. Be amazed at this set of underwater carvings which are around 1000 years old.
Return to the base of the mountain and head deeper into the countryside to Beng Mealea. This pagoda laid abandoned for centuries and was largely swallowed by tree roots and other foliage. Trek through the jungle and discover this harmonious blend of nature and architecture. Climb over massive vines and through moss-covered arches to explore the temple’s carvings and inner chambers.
After concluding the Beng Mealea tour, head back towards Siem Reap. (L)
Our services include:
– Local English speaking guide
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle unless stated otherwise
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
– Picnic lunch
– Bottled drinking water and cold towels
-Admission fee to Angkor Temples
Our services do not include:
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide & driver
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Vespa Countryside Life Tour
- Zip through Siem Reap’s outskirts on the back of a Vespa
- See what it’s like living in the shadow of the Angkor temples
- Dine on delicious Khmer food in the middle of the countryside
Phnom Penh Sightseeing
- In-depth exploration of Cambodia’s capital
- Delve into the past at the Royal Palace and National Museum
- Visit sombre reminders of the country’s tragic recent history
Vehicle & guide disposal Siem Reap
- Charming gateway
- Famed Temples of Angkor
- Half day car and guide at disposal in Siem Reap
Contemporary Arts In Battambang
- Visit galleries: explore impressive contemporary galleries in Battambang.
- Meet a local artist and curator: some of the galleries will have the curator and artist show around the art and explain the significance of each one.
- Visit the city’s architectural masterpieces: visit old colonial buildings, markets, and even a cinema.
Helicopter Experience – Angkor Wat & Temples
- Soar above the surroundings of Angkor Wat and see the historic temples from a bird’s eye view
- Loop on a temple tour to see the lesser-known temples in the area
- Be awed by the sheer scale of the former Khmer empire.
Helicopter – Koh Ker – Beng Mealea
- Take a helicopter loop with rewarding aerial views of Angkor Wat and lesser-known temples.
- Visit ancient capital of Cambodia, Koh Ker and see a stupa unique of Angkorian temples.
- Discover the hidden jungle temple of Beng Mealea.