MEALS [ L ]
Continue to Takeo, a sleep small town typical of rural Cambodia. Amble through town, passing markets and street side stalls and meeting with curious locals. After lunch, head out to Angkor Borei to visit a small archaeological museum that provides better insight in to Takeo’s past. Nearby is Phnom Da, another fascinating set of temple ruins that date to the pre-Angkorian Funan era: this is one of the earliest religious sites in Cambodia.
After this full day out, it is time to return in the direction of the capita, making one more stop on the way at Tonle Bati, a small but beautiful Angkorian-style temple from the reign of Jayavarman VII, who built Bayon in the great city of Angkor Thom. The quiet lakeside setting is popular with the city residents who come out on the weekends to relax in the bamboo huts on the water’s edge.
Reach Phnom Penh in the early evening, returning to the busy modern city after a day in the countryside. (L)
Our services include:
– Local English speaking guide.
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air
– Entrance fees for all mentioned visits.
– Lunch in a local restaurant.
– Bottled drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide, driver and boat crew
– Meals not indicated in the itinerary
-Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Vespa Countryside Life Tour
- Zip through Siem Reap’s outskirts on the back of a Vespa
- See what it’s like living in the shadow of the Angkor temples
- Dine on delicious Khmer food in the middle of the countryside
Phnom Penh Sightseeing
- In-depth exploration of Cambodia’s capital
- Delve into the past at the Royal Palace and National Museum
- Visit sombre reminders of the country’s tragic recent history
Vehicle & guide disposal Siem Reap
- Charming gateway
- Famed Temples of Angkor
- Half day car and guide at disposal in Siem Reap
Contemporary Arts In Battambang
- Visit galleries: explore impressive contemporary galleries in Battambang.
- Meet a local artist and curator: some of the galleries will have the curator and artist show around the art and explain the significance of each one.
- Visit the city’s architectural masterpieces: visit old colonial buildings, markets, and even a cinema.
Rehash Trash Souvenir Workshop (2 hours)
- Learn to make a unique and practical souvenir
- Support a worthy social enterprise that provides income to local women
- Help support an organisation that makes a positive impact on the environment
Helicopter Experience – Angkor Wat & Temples
- Soar above the surroundings of Angkor Wat and see the historic temples from a bird’s eye view
- Loop on a temple tour to see the lesser-known temples in the area
- Be awed by the sheer scale of the former Khmer empire.