Get a different perspective with a relaxing boat trip on the Tonle Sap River and step back in time with a trip through the Cambodian countryside to the historic town of Oudong. Encounter Cambodian culture in rural villages and meet with monks at a meditation centre. Gaze across the countryside from a hilltop pagoda.
MEALS [ L ]
Then, climb the stairs to the top of Oudong Mountain and enjoy magnificent views over the plains below. Your guide will explain the history of the area and its buildings as well as the religious culture of the Cambodian people. Take your time to soak in the magnificent views over the plains below.
Before heading to Phnom Penh stop at the spectacular Vipassana Dhura Buddhist Meditation Center. Your guide can explain more about the school of Vipassana (Insight Meditation) as you tour the center, before taking part in a meditation class with one of the teachers.
Don’t forget to see the impressive jade Buddha, the mummified monk and the brightly painted walls telling the story of the Ramayana, the epic Sanskrit poem that decorates many pagodas seen around the country.
On the way back to Phnom Penh by car, you will also visit Kompong Luong, a village famous for its silversmiths. The traditional craft has been passed down from generation to generation. Watch as the skilled silversmiths create cups, bowls and other items using age-old techniques. (L)
Our services include:
– Local English speaking guide
– Tours and transfer as mentioned by private air-conditioned vehicle and by wooden boat
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
– BBQ Lunch on board
– Bottled water and cold towels
Our services do not include:
– Other drinks and personal expenses
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide, driver & boat crew
– Services not mentioned.
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Vespa Countryside Life Tour
- Zip through Siem Reap’s outskirts on the back of a Vespa
- See what it’s like living in the shadow of the Angkor temples
- Dine on delicious Khmer food in the middle of the countryside
Full Day Tour: Phnom Penh Sightseeing (Private Tour)
- In-depth exploration of Cambodia’s capital
- Delve into the past at the Royal Palace and National Museum
- Visit sombre reminders of the country’s tragic recent history
Vehicle and Guide at Disposal in Siem Reap
- Charming gateway
- Famed Temples of Angkor
- Half day car and guide at disposal in Siem Reap
Helicopter Over Angkor Wat & Temples (Join-in Tour)
- Soar above the surroundings of Angkor Wat and see the historic temples from a bird’s eye view
- Loop on a temple tour to see the lesser-known temples in the area
- Be awed by the sheer scale of the former Khmer empire.
Helicopter Over Koh Ker and Beng Mealea
- Take a helicopter loop with rewarding aerial views of Angkor Wat and lesser-known temples.
- Visit ancient capital of Cambodia, Koh Ker and see a stupa unique of Angkorian temples.
- Discover the hidden jungle temple of Beng Mealea.
Helicopter Over Angkor Wat and Kulen Ranges
- Hop on a once-in-a-lifetime luxury air-conditioned helicopter for a flight like no other.
- Get a bird’s eye view of Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples on board a private helicopter.
- Fly north-east to see the Kulen Ranges and its spectacular waterfalls and majestic sandstone cliffs.