A perfect day for animal lovers! Get up close with Cambodia’s exotic wildlife at the Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre. See Asiatic and Black Bears as well as gibbons and elephants rescued from poachers. Meet with the passionate staff and learn about their efforts to end wildlife trafficking in Cambodia.
MEALS [ L ]
Begin the Phnom Tamao tour with a walk through the 7 hectare compound alongside a caretaker. See more than 100 Asian Sun Bears and Black Bears (aka Moon Bears) who have been rescued from poachers and learn about Cambodia’s wildlife trade. There are also other animals, more than 12,000 in total, such as elephants and gibbons that are being rehabilitated and cared for at Phnom Tamao.
Although the animals are fenced off, there are plenty of opportunities to observe them. Join the caretakers to feed the bears and learn about the different personalities of the many Sun and Moon Bears who now call the park home.
A delicious picnic lunch will be served in a bamboo hut at the centre. After lunch, explore the grounds of the Wildlife Rescue Center with wildlife experts. Watch the gibbons as they swing from tree to tree, watch the squeaky otters play in the water, and enjoy a variety of exotic animals from Clouded Leopard to Asian Elephants, all of whom have been saved from captivity and are well cared for by local wildlife professionals. This is an incredible chance to see the diversity of Cambodia’s wildlife up close!
In the afternoon, say goodbye to the staff and animals, wrap up the Phnom Tamao tour and return to Phnom Penh. (L)
Our services include:
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air
– Guided tour of Phnom Tamao with a bear keeper
– Entrance fees for all mentioned visits.
– Lunch in the rescue center restaurant.
– Bottled drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Personal travel insurance
– Meals not indicated in the itinerary
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Vespa Countryside Life Tour
- Zip through Siem Reap’s outskirts on the back of a Vespa
- See what it’s like living in the shadow of the Angkor temples
- Dine on delicious Khmer food in the middle of the countryside
Phnom Penh Sightseeing
- In-depth exploration of Cambodia’s capital
- Delve into the past at the Royal Palace and National Museum
- Visit sombre reminders of the country’s tragic recent history
Vehicle & guide disposal Siem Reap
- Charming gateway
- Famed Temples of Angkor
- Half day car and guide at disposal in Siem Reap
Contemporary Arts In Battambang
- Visit galleries: explore impressive contemporary galleries in Battambang.
- Meet a local artist and curator: some of the galleries will have the curator and artist show around the art and explain the significance of each one.
- Visit the city’s architectural masterpieces: visit old colonial buildings, markets, and even a cinema.
Helicopter Experience – Angkor Wat & Temples
- Soar above the surroundings of Angkor Wat and see the historic temples from a bird’s eye view
- Loop on a temple tour to see the lesser-known temples in the area
- Be awed by the sheer scale of the former Khmer empire.
Helicopter – Koh Ker – Beng Mealea
- Take a helicopter loop with rewarding aerial views of Angkor Wat and lesser-known temples.
- Visit ancient capital of Cambodia, Koh Ker and see a stupa unique of Angkorian temples.
- Discover the hidden jungle temple of Beng Mealea.