MEALS [ L ]
the sightseeing in Phnom Penh with a visit to the Royal Palace in the city centre. Explore the majestic compound and step back in time to when the Kingdom flourished. See the spectacular reception halls and historic royal costumes. The elegant Silver Pagoda, with its solid-silver floor, is a reminder of the prosperity of the former royal families.
Continue to the adjacent National Museum. Housed in a beautiful old building surrounded by tropical gardens, the museum is a tranquil oasis in the busy city centre. Go inside to see seemingly endless displays of art and artefacts dating back to the pre- era. Continue by traveling to the hill top pagoda of Wat Phnom, for which Although not the most beautiful temple, the hilltop offers fabulous views of the city below.
Explore the more recent history of Cambodia this afternoon. Visit Tuol Prison (S-21) and the Killing Fields at sites used by the Khmer Rouge regime when they ravaged the country in the 1970s and 80s. The lasting effects of this tragic period are still being felt. Although the visits are sombre, studying this era is important in helping to understand present-day Cambodia.
Before wrapping up the sightseeing in Phnom Penh, pay a visit to the Russian Market. This bustling bazaar earned its name in the 1980s as the expat Russian population often shopped here. These days with everything from souvenirs to local handicrafts, silver jewellery to electronic goods.
Note: All visitors to Toul Sleng Genocide Museum are required to wear modest clothing: no short pants or short skirts (knees must be covered) and no sleeveless shirts (shoulders must be covered). See-through clothing will also not be allowed.
Our services include:
– Local guide
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air-conditioned vehicles
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
– Bottled drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Meals at own expense
– Personal travel insurance
– Tips for guide & driver
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Vespa Countryside Life Tour
- Zip through Siem Reap’s outskirts on the back of a Vespa
- See what it’s like living in the shadow of the Angkor temples
- Dine on delicious Khmer food in the middle of the countryside
Vehicle and Guide at Disposal in Siem Reap
- Charming gateway
- Famed Temples of Angkor
- Half day car and guide at disposal in Siem Reap
Helicopter Over Angkor Wat & Temples (Join-in Tour)
- Soar above the surroundings of Angkor Wat and see the historic temples from a bird’s eye view
- Loop on a temple tour to see the lesser-known temples in the area
- Be awed by the sheer scale of the former Khmer empire.
Helicopter Over Koh Ker and Beng Mealea
- Take a helicopter loop with rewarding aerial views of Angkor Wat and lesser-known temples.
- Visit ancient capital of Cambodia, Koh Ker and see a stupa unique of Angkorian temples.
- Discover the hidden jungle temple of Beng Mealea.
Helicopter Over Angkor Wat and Kulen Ranges
- Hop on a once-in-a-lifetime luxury air-conditioned helicopter for a flight like no other.
- Get a bird’s eye view of Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples on board a private helicopter.
- Fly north-east to see the Kulen Ranges and its spectacular waterfalls and majestic sandstone cliffs.
Helicopter Over Angkor Wat, Floating Villages and Rulous Group
- Take a private helicopter to the surroundings of the UNESCO World Heritage site Angkor Wat.
- Fly to the mighty Tonlé Sap Lake to see historical temples and floating villages.
- Aerial view of the magnificent architecture of the 9th Century Bakong Temple.